HEARTS - QUESTIONS
- During which war was “Casablanca” set?
- In what city did Rick first meet Ilsa?
- What is the name of Rick’s café in Casablanca?
- What is the name of the café in Paris where Rick and Ilsa meet?
- How many Oscars did the film “Casablanca” win?
- What is the nationality of Victor Laslo?
- What nationality is Rick?
HEARTS – ANSWERS
- World War 2
- Café Americain
- La Belle Aurore
- 3 Oscars
- Czech or Czeckslovakian
DIAMONDS – QUESTIONS
- What song does Rick forbid Sam to play?
- What was Rick’s surname?
- What is the name of Ferrari’s café in competition with Rick’s café in Casablanca?
- How long exactly had the young woman who asked Rick’s opinion on Renault been married?
- Name the Czech Resistance leader to whom Ilsa was married.
- How long was Victor Laslo in a concentration camp?
- From what European city did most refugees leave (after Casablanca) to reach the United States?
DIAMONDS – ANSWERS
- “As time goes by.”
- The Blue Parrot
- 8 weeks
- Victor Laslo
- 1 year
CLUBS – QUESTIONS
- Name the principal location – ie country - where the movie “Casablanca” is set – not the flashback.
- What country was Ilsa originally from?
- From which French port did the refugees leave to cross to Casablanca?
- What colour dress was Ilsa wearing the day the German army occupied Paris?
- Name the director of the film “Casablanca”.
- Name the game at which Rick helps a man to win money.
- What word is missing in this quotation: “I stick my ____ out for nobody?”
CLUBS – ANSWERS
- Morocco or French Morocco (either answer is correct).
- Michael Curtiz
SPADES - QUESTIONS
- On what continent would you find Casablanca?
- How many times had Laslo reputedly (supposedly) been killed? – Exact number please.
- Where exactly does Rick hide the exit visas?
- Who played the role of Ilsa Lund?
- What is the closing sentence of the film Casablanca, as Rick and Renault walk away from the airport hangar? (As exactly as possible.)
- What is the name of the Nazi major in the film?
- Across what sea did the refugees sail to reach Casablanca from France?
SPADES – ANSWERS
- 5 times
- In the piano
- Ingrid Bergman
- “I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.”
- Major Strausser
- The Mediterranean